Support for Members
Dear Members and Families,
After a significant event it can sometimes be useful to know the supports that are available as well as things to watch out for in both adults and young people.
Attached is an information sheet on the impact of trauma on young people and some things that can help. Below is a link to similar information for adults.
If anyone feels they need some further support it is available through the following:
- Headspace (specialised mental health support for young people aged 12 – 25) www.headspace.org.au
- Offices in Devonport, Launceston and Hobart.
- eHeadspace (online chat with qualified professionals) 9am – 1am 7 days a week.
- Kidshelpline: www.kidshelpline.com.au
- Phone 1800 551 800 (anyone from 5-25 years) 24/7
- Online chat 24/7
- Many work places also have access to Employee Assistance Programs which generally provide free counselling to an employee impacted by an event either inside or outside the work place.
- Community Health Centres throughout Tasmania also have access to Social Workers who can provide support.